Thursday, May 8, 2014

Mother's Day Celebration

Oh, I feel so loved today!  The kids have been working for weeks on their "special surprises" for the Mother's Day celebration at Discovery.  Kate and Max were so excited and proud of all they had done for me and I was in tears with pride.  I DO feel so loved!!!
They sang a few songs and recited a poem for us as a class.   (

They "served" us a delicious snack of strawberries and oreos! 
 We got to see all the special gifts they made for us including cards, hand-painted flower pots in which they planted impatiens (which they call "impatients" which made me wonder what they were actually trying to say...) and hand-painted pot holders! So darn cute.

 Kate and Max came up with a plan to take me to dinner at Panera after the celebration. Since it was only 3:30 and Daddy was not going to be home for a few hours, I convinced them to bring dinner home so Daddy could join us for the celebration! 

2 comments:

Susan said...

Oh wow you are eased! Quite the celebration and it has oy begun. Late and Max you made some awesome gifts. Good job. Love and hugs YVBGA

Emily G. said...

so cute!!!!

love the dinner plan at 3:30 too :)