Wednesday, July 2, 2014

4th of July Projects

We have gone a little crazy with Fourth of July projects this week! I would like to say I taught them a thing or two about why we celebrate the 4th of July; however, I believe our little neighbor, who is six and from the Netherlands, actually taught them the most when she explained that we are celebrating The United States' Birthday!  Plain and simple usually works best for little minds!  Oh well, my intentions were good and the crafts were fun! :)
Flag Size Sorting
 Q-Tip Flag
(Everyone came up with their own style for painting these flags)
 Star Marshmallow Graphing
 Star Marshmallow Patterns
 Star Marshmallow Sparklers 
(I literally weighed marshmallows so we could create a treat Anna could eat)
 Writing Wednesday: Shooting Stars

1 comment:

Susan said...

WOW! you are truly getting ready for the Fourth of July. I love the projects so full of learning. The marshmallows are great. The stories were read to several patients today. They seriously wait for Wed. You little ones are making some very sick people smile!
Love and hugs, YVBA