Sunday, January 16, 2011

P is for Popcorn

I have so many memories that include popcorn as a child. I remember sitting on the counter with my Dad and the air popper and watching the kernels whirling around and checking the butter dish. I remember my parents going on dates and knowing that we got to sit on "the mat", watch a movie, and eat all the popcorn. I remember sitting on my grandparents red counter while my Aunt Sue would pop the corn we would share on the white sofa on the front porch. I remember my first movie date with Peter and he insisted on popcorn, something I would have never done, and I think we have gotten popcorn ever since...

So maybe this is the start of popcorn memories for our family!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I remember the popcorn fun too! I remember your dad asking if I wanted popcorn one night at your house and you were about 2 or 3 and I said, no.
You were standing behind me rubbing my neck and immediately you started choking me... so I changed my mind. "We definitely had buttered popcorn on the mat.
Love and hugs, YVBA