Saturday, June 2, 2012

Avon Walk 2012

Dear Friends and Family 

I will be participating in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in New York October 20-21, 2012. I will spend the next several months training and fundraising. The money I raise will be managed and disbursed by the Avon Foundation Breast Cancer Crusade to help provide access to care for those that most need it, fund educational programs, and accelerate research into new treatments and potential cures. 

Each time I do this walk I meet the most incredible people who share even more incredible stories.  Nothing can describe the months, weeks, days, and moments that create this experience.  So many people come together from all over the country to walk, talk, eat, sing, dance, encourage, cheer and celebrate life, accomplishments, challenges and victories. 

As a walker, I am required to raise at least $1,800 in donations to participate in the event.  I have always been blessed with so many generous thoughts, prayers, emails, training buddies and donations (over $13,000 since 2004!!!).  I hope you will consider making a donation today.

You can make a donation by clicking on the "Support Me" Button at the bottom of this blog, visit my Avon Walk Personal Page, or write a check.  If you prefer to write a check, make it payable to: Avon Walk for Breast Cancer and mail it to me at: 909 Blackmar St.  Cary, NC 27519 and I will take care of the rest.

Thank you in advance for all your support.

No comments: