Friday, March 18, 2011

Wormy and Snakey

MWe have been busy digging around in the dirt the past few weeks. One of the highlights is finding worms. This week Kate named her worm "wormy" and Max named his worm "snakey". Kate wants to hold her worm but when it starts to wiggle she puts it down to watch it move and tries to kiss it. Max loves to carry his worm around and give it special rides in his trucks.


One day it all ended like this:
Kate: "Mommy, wormy not moving"
Me: "I think wormy is sleeping, let's put him with the flowers."
Max: "Mommy, snakey brokey (broken)"
Me: "I think snakey went nigh-nigh, let's put both parts of snakey with the flowers".

The next day
Kate: Mommy, I put wormy in flowers"
Me: "Good Kate, I am proud of you."
Kate: "Max wormy, put in flowers, I do it"
Me: "I know all the wormies are happy now."

3 comments:

Susan said...

OK, Gram is still laughing. She loves all the wormy pics and says that she doesn't think that their gramma would have let you kiss and play with the worms!!!!! What a hoot!
Love gram and yvba

Melbournechick said...

You are such a great mum. How am I ever going to learn to respond to life and death questions and transected worm questions like that?!

Melbournechick said...

Jen