Monday, May 21, 2012

Parent Tea

The kids invited Anna and I to a little end of year program designed to thank parents for their contributions throughout the year and recognize the successful completion of the school year.  The kids were so excited and had been talking about their songs and art work for weeks.  They kept reminding me that they were going to be on stage, singing very loudly, and I was going to be there to watch them of course.  They popped right out of bed that morning, eager to get ready for preschool.  The two-year olds sang two songs and then received their certificates.  Kate sang so loudly and exaggerated her movements more than ever before - so cute.  Max was so proud to be on stage, sang the songs and gave me a little wave from the stage.

 After the performance, we enjoyed snacks, talking with their teachers and friends and finding their art projects.  Kate named her water color project "Boom" and Max named his "The Turtle" - I think the names say a lot about their unique personalities! :)

We have had such a wonderful experience at Good Hope.  The teachers and director have been more than exceptional and accommodating.  The programs were all so well organized and thoughtful.  I felt that my kids grew a lot this year all the while feeling loved and respected.  This year exceeded my vision for my childrens' first year of preschool and I feel very blessed to be involved with such a wonderful community.


1 comment:

Susan said...

now that looks like it was a great time for all. Love how animated the twins are. Kate does seem to know how to pour it on. Wish I were the teacher.
Love and hugs, YVBA