Friday, April 22, 2011

Celebrating Life

We were able to travel to Minnesota this past week to be with my family and celebrate my Gram's life. It was truly a gift to be a part of the celebration. My Aunt Sue planned and facilitated a beautiful memorial mass. My Aunt Sue's words were thoughtful, funny and touching. My Mom and sister planned a lovely dinner reception complete with Gram's favorite Italian meal from DeGidio's! The burial service was especially memorable for me. It was short and sweet set in the Fort Snelling National Cemetery covered with fresh snow. Now my Gram rests in peace with my Grandpa.




We spent the rest of the time as a family, telling stories, eating great meals at Grams favorite spots and enjoying time together.



Thank you Mimi and Pop for taking care of the kids. They had a wonderful time going to the park, playing with new toys, participating in storytime, and picking strawberries.


2 comments:

Susan said...

Natalie that is a great post and photos. I am so glad that you had your camera and thought of finding Grampa.
Could not have made it through it all without you and your family. Love and hugs, YVBA

Bawa Bears said...

natalie, i'm so glad you got to go to minnesota to celebrate your gram's life. it sounds like she had a long, happy life and i'm sure it was nice to be able to celebrate that together with the family.