Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Dress Rehearsal

We just got home from a 24 hour adventure at Duke. I had been having contractions through the night and they continued into the next day. Since the contractions were 10-15 minutes apart for 15 hours they told us to head to the ER. They did several tests to determine what was going on but could find no reason to think I was going into labor. So they admitted me and pumped me full of fluids and gave me some meds to slow things down. They had a hard time slowing them down but finally around 9pm we felt some relief. Needless to say they kept us overnight to watch.

So now I am back at home on "modified bedrest" meaning I can take care of my personal needs and that is all. The dress rehearsal was nice in that we got a chance to see if we had everything packed that we needed, work out any kinks, got all the paperwork started, and got some of the blood tests out of the way for the real deal. The DR and nursing staff was superb. YAY Duke!

5 comments:

Emily G. said...

Glad things are okay! And, glad they are going to make you take it easy!!! :)

Susan said...

Needless to say we had the Prayer brigade in motion. Take it easy dear and all will be well. Send you a DB on Wednesday!
Love and hugs, YVBA

Lora said...

Practice makes perfect! Let me know if you need anything :)

Erin said...

whoa baby, get lots of movies to watch :).

Ms. Hayes said...

OMG what an event!! Glad things are going well! Take a load off and be pampered! :) Miss you already!!