Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Poor Buddy

Max's little friend, Buddy the Lion, has been very sick recently.  


Here is a conversation we had the other night at 9pm:

Max: Mom,  Kate is fast asleep but Buddy is keeping me awake because he is sick.
Mom: Oh no, I am sorry to hear that. What do you think is wrong with him?
Max: I don't know, he is sick and he is keeping me awake.
Mom: DO you want me to take him to my bed for the night?
Max: That would be a great idea so I can get some sleep.
 --------next morning--------
Max: How did Buddy do last night?
Mom: He did well, I think he is feeling better.
Max: Did he say anything?
Mom: No, but he smiled.
Max: Well, if he did not say anything, he is still sick.
-------a few days later-------
Mom: How is Buddy doing today?
Max: Not very well.
Mom: Oh no, what are you going to do?
Max: I think we are going to have "Boy Day" (that is what we call Daddy-Max time).  We are going to have a picnic.

3 comments:

Erin said...

too cute - hope he's feeling better after boy day!

Susan said...

How is Buddy today? Tell Max that I am saying a prayer so that Buddy feels really good and they can play.
Love and hugs, YVBA

Emily G. said...

sweet max! I love this story!!!