Monday, October 22, 2012

Avon Walk 2012

I have returned from a more than AMAZING weekend in New York.  I joined 4,000+ participants and walked the city, crossed some bridges, and landed on an island while meeting so many incredible people.  We raised over $8.2 million for the foundation!

Things I never want to forget:
  • My friend Laura!
  • My family and friends who have been diagnosed and are fighting breast cancer this year - Aunty Barb, Karen, and Laura.
  • The three men in pink whose shirts read "Testies for Breasties"
  • The group of ladies who raised over $73,000 this year
  • The lady from Turks and Caicos
  • The women who took a picture at every mile marker and dedicated it to  someone in her life affected by breast cancer.
  • The lady on the shuttle talking about her chemo regimen this summer
  • The mother and daughter who made a collage of all the pins, stickers, and buttons we received over the course of Day1.
  • The hot breakfasts and coffee
  • The Youth Crew and the young man who spoke at the opening ceremony dedicating his efforts to his Mom.
  • The brother and sister who were walking in honor o their sister-in-law.
  • The sweet lady who helped us figure out how to use those mylar blankets on a cold morning.
  • The men wearing shirts that read "I LOVE BOOBS!"
  • All the women in pink tutus.
  • The random people on the streets of NYC that thanked us as we walked by.
  • My Dad who came to the city to make sure I had a cold beer and good dinner after day 1.
  • My Mom for coming to NC to take care of Kate and Max
  • Peter's unconditional love and support!!!
 

I sincerely appreciate all the wonderful support I received from family, friends, and neighbors through donations, emails, snail mail, phone calls, visits and texts.

2 comments:

Bawa Bears said...

way to go, nat!!!

i was in nyc last week and left friday morning, i wonder if we overlapped!

Susan said...

Awesome! Knew you could do it.
All the pics reflect a great time for a great cause!
You Rock!
Love and hugs, YVBA