Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Back to School: 2012

We had a smooth transition back to preschool today.  Kate and Max are going three days/week from 9-12pm.  I have been talking it up the past couple of weeks - trying to feel them out and prepare them. 
I thought I was going to have trouble with Max this morning so I planned many little treats to make it a fun morning but in the end he offered to, "Hold Kate's hand if she gets nervous" and asked, "How many days until we go back to preschool?" when I picked him up. 
Kate might have had a little nerves hiding in her because Bunny had to come along for the ride to preschool but when we got to preschool she told Bunny, "You have to stay in your car seat while I am at preschool." When I reminded them to "turn on their listening ears" Kate told me "I never turned them off!"
Both kids found their cubicles for their bags, walked right in and found their "apple" for the class tree, handed their special cookie treats (idea from my friend Emily) to their teachers and disappeared into the classroom before I could even blink.  I was a little lost and teary, since no one needed extra hugs and kisses... but in the end I am glad they had a good start and felt comfortable and confident in their new old surroundings. 
They were both happy and excited when I picked them up.  Max already had an "accident report" filed because he fell in the mulch on the playground and scraped his arm.  He was excited about the painting project that required him to paint his hands green and white.  Kate told me every detail of who was there, what they had for snack, the story they read and the project they worked.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Oh How adorable. i am so glad that they were OK with going back to school. That is great. they are going to be bubbling over with stories for sure!
Lovea nd hugs, YVBA

Emily G. said...

love that last pic! they look so happy!! :)